Home

The Grey House Fixer Upper - After

10:55 AM

Back in the winter of 2013 with a 3 month old baby and almost 3 year old, Chris and I decided we were outgrowing our town-home. We searched for the perfect home but all the homes just didn't feel right. You know what I mean? I wanted to walk in and it already feel like home. We were not opposed to a forecloser in fact we encouraged our realtor to find one. 

We searched for hours online and kept passing up one home because the pictures were terrible and honestly creepy. Finally we were like just show us this home since we'll be in the area anyway. Would you believe that when we walked in Chris and I looked at each other and we just knew this was the one for us!

It was a forecloser, it needed a TON of work, but the layout was perfect, the schools were great, the neighborhood was beautiful, and it had an office for us to work from home in!!!!

The very first thing we did when we moved in was remove all the dead bushes and trees. Which seems like most all the landscaping. Then we painted and repaired the exterior. It was a scary looking grey and the deck was orange. I'm not lying...ORANGE! Who paints their deck that color? We called it the Halloween house.

We LOVE this house now. It's perfect for our family. We now have 3 boys. Each one has his own room, Chris has his office, and I have my salon. It's perfect! Oh and I can't forget to mention the awesome closets! Especially mine <3 It's HUGE! It honestly could be the 5th bedroom...no joke.

BUT

We are selling it!

Why?! I know, I know, I know! Chris and I have prayed a lot about this. We are setting ourselves up for a BIG adventure in the future! We see ourselves living on a small homestead eventually. It won't be right away but in the near future. Plus, we love fixing up houses. We have found a passion for it. 

Chris and I work well together...surprisingly. Haha! He does all the heavy lifting and I do the design. It's perfect but it does have it's challenges too of course.

Alright, now for the good stuff. These pictures were taken for selling purposes. The house is "staged" so people can see themselves living here. I will eventually post before and after photos once the house has been sold. If you love this house I'll have my realtor's contact information at the bottom of the post along with a video.























Thanks for checking out my house! There are some pictures that we don't have but if you would like more information please contact our realtor.


Robin Rohrman SFR
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
Office: 847-277-2712

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook